Initech Global is working with a metal stamping company in need of a Tool & Die Repairman. As the Tool & Die Repairman, you will maintain daily maintenance, upkeep and repair of all dies for a safe, clean, productive and economical operation that fully supports press production. If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, get in touch with us today!
JOB REQUIREMENTS (Include the following, but other duties may be assigned.)
· Repair, maintenance, and troubleshooting of dies.
· Work as a team with the production department on all tooling issues.
· Study blueprints, sketches, models, or specifications to plan sequence of operations for fabricating tools, dies or assemblies.
· Use of measuring instruments to conform to specifications, such as; calipers, gauge blocks, micrometers, and dial indicators to verify dimensions, alignments and clearances of finished parts.
· Set up and operate lathes, milling machines, and bench grinders to cut, bore, grind and shape parts to specific dimensions.
· File, grind, shim, and adjust parts for proper fit.
· Experience working with large progressive, transfer and deep draw dies.
· Cut, Shape, and trim blanks or blocks to specified lengths or shapes using power and hand tools.
· Rework of damaged components in a timely manner.
· Capable of interacting with fellow team members in a professional manner.
· Troubleshoot problems to determine solutions.
· Maintain a clean and safe workplace.
· Working safety as a condition of employment.
· Attend GRCC classes per request of Manager.
· Must complete 3 weeks of training (on the day shift).
· High school diploma or general education degree (G.E.D.)
· Must be able to read, understand and interpret instructions.
· Must have strong work ethic
· Must arrive to work on time daily
· Demonstrate a willingness to learn a skilled trade
· Ability to learn & demonstrate safe work practices
· Demonstrate a positive attitude
· Complete all tasks assigned in a timely manner
· Likes to work with hands
· Works well with others
· Strong mechanical aptitude is a plus
· Ability to clean & organize shop per instructions
· The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, talk, or hear, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms.
· The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and peripheral vision, depth perception as well as the ability to adjust focus.
· Adheres to the Quality Policy, including all items assigned to the position as outlined in the company’s policy, procedures and work instructions.
· Refers to work order or procedural instructions appropriate for each job, function or assignment before commencing work.
· Assures that all work assigned to a position is performed in accordance with specifications, instructions & requirements
· Performs any specific quality assurance checks designated for each job, function or assignments.
· The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts, is exposed to fumes of airborne particles, wet humid conditions (non-weather) and vibration.
· The noise level in the work environment varies from loud to moderate.
Initech Global is a leader in the staffing industry, providing consulting, recruiting, and staffing solutions in the fields of information technology, engineering, and manufacturing. Since 2001, Initech Global has been helping companies around the world accomplish their most critical business objectives through our disciplined client service approach, and our unique talent management model. Both client and talent retention continue to surpass 90% since the company’s inception fifteen years ago, and we’ve been recognized by Inc. 5000 as one of the fastest-growing private companies in the US for the last two years. Our clients and employees are the key to our success, and people are at the heart of everything we do. We are Initech Global, and we are Powered By People.
Required Skills:Repair, Troubleshoot, Blueprint reading, Mechanical aptitude