Initech Global is looking for a Senior IT Data Analyst for a 6 months contract with the possibility for an extension for our client in Grand Rapids, Michigan.
Design and develop metrics, reports and analyses to drive key business decisions. Data extraction, analysis and transformation are key job responsibilities. Assist in the development and maintenance of an optimized portfolio that includes work, resources and budget while generating critical and time-sensitive reports. Works closely with cross functional teams to extract, validate, reconcile and analyze data from multiple sources. The responsibilities will include building repetitive and automated processes using Alteryx, Excel, Tableau, Clarity, Visual Basic, macros, SQL queries and formulas to manage the portfolio and reporting. This includes resolving discrepancies, filling gaps and ensuring quality of the data. In this role, the candidate will be responsible for heavy data entry in Excel/Word documents, data reconciliations, and pulling/running reports. The candidate must be very comfortable with pivot tables, vlookup, what-if analysis and if/then statements.
· Maintain, organize and cross reference data from multiple sources.
· Develop analysis and reporting capabilities.
· Experience in using data analysis and quantitative modeling techniques (e.g. statistical, optimization, demand forecasting, and simulation) to answer business questions and to assess the added value of recommendations.
· Experience developing dashboards and reporting. Experience with common data visualization tools Tableau and Alteryx.
· Responsible for data preparation, data blending, the creation of data models /sets using applications such as Alteryx.
· Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports.
· Program with VBA code in MS Office to automate data collection and integrate processes.
· Build and maintain metrics for various financial targets including forecast, trend analysis, what-if analysis and strategic reporting.
· Create and present statistical and analytical reports via advanced graphs, charts and dashboards.
· Develop and maintain resource management portfolio to track resource capacity, allocations and perform time entry audits in Clarity.
· Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets.
· Filter and “clean” data by reviewing reports and performance indicators to locate and correct problems.
· Document processes, create reports and other presentations as directed.
· Collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
· Develop and maintain issue/risk registers and other documentation in SharePoint.
· Generate and format various reports including monthly and quarterly executive reports.
· Assist in preparing and reporting on budget and expense summaries.
· Work with management to prioritize business and information needs.
· Locate and define new process improvement opportunities.
· Develop and implement databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality.
· Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems.
· Skilled in reporting and data visualization software like Tableau and Alteryx.
· Experience in Advanced Microsoft Excel and all functions.
· Expert knowledge of developing spreadsheets via MS-Excel and Visual Basic programming.
· Expert Excel skills for both data analysis and reporting required (Skilled in macros, SQL queries, VLOOKUP formula development, Pivot Table generation, and Pivot reporting, etc.)
· Strong experience with MS Word, SharePoint (documentation, repository), Clarity (Project and resource management, time entry), Power Point (presentations), MS Access, Outlook, SQL queries.
· Strong experience with project co-ordination and ability to balance multiple work assignments.
· Able to deal with shift in priorities, or unexpected tasks.
· High level of attention to detail and creativity in problem solving.
· Be a fast learner and have a positive, can-do attitude.
Initech Global is a leader in the staffing industry, providing consulting, recruiting, and staffing solutions in the fields of information technology, engineering, and manufacturing. Since 2001, Initech Global has been helping companies around the world accomplish their most critical business objectives through our disciplined client service approach, and our unique talent management model. Both client and talent retention continue to surpass 90% since the company’s inception fifteen years ago, and we’ve been recognized by Inc. 5000 as one of the fastest-growing private companies in the US for the last two years. Our clients and employees are the key to our success, and people are at the heart of everything we do. We are Initech Global, and we are Powered By People.
Required Skills:Excel, Alteryx, Tableau, MS Word