Initech Global is working with a material handing company who is in need of a Software Manager. As the Software Manager you will envision project development and manage projects through completion; analyze, design and develop software enhancements and new modules; manage development of projects from initial design through testing while providing strategic management direction.
Essential Job Functions
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Direct supervision of the Software staff including contract engineering, as they perform their daily tasks.
2. Management functions for the software department including evaluating performance, sets expectations and goals for software department and staff members. Recruits, disciplines and trains staff. Creates related documentation.
3. Prepare monthly management reports—capacity planning and short term forecasts.
4. Consults with internal departments to identify customer needs and include into project objectives.
5. Exercises independent judgment and discretion in overall project management by prioritizing, planning and tracking project progress.
6. Support sales efforts for software department.
7. Functional definition for all areas of the system.
8. Technical design of application, interfaces, and systems.
9. Software development and unit testing based on detailed functional specifications.
10. Application and technical configuration.
11. Complex test case development and test execution.
12. Design and integration to MHE, host systems, and other systems.
13. Hardware and 3rd party software design, configuration and set-up.
14. Preparation of technical and operational documentation.
15. On-site commissioning and start-up support.
16. Assisting Customer Service in maintaining systems once they are up and running.
17. Performs maintenance programming for existing version. Performs custom programming at customer request.
18. Manage technical time line activities.
19. Management and communication of clients IT organization.
20. Management and communication of internal departments or multiple work streams.
1. Technical capacity.
3. Project Management.
4. Communications proficiency.
5. Performance Management.
6. Problem analysis and solving.
This position manages all employees of the department.
This job operates primarily in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. While onsite at customer locations, work environment may change.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee frequently is required to walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision color vision and the ability to adjust focus. While onsite at customer location(s) physical demands may change.
Ability to travel up to 25% per year.
Required Education and Experience
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering from a four-year college or university and 4 – 8 years of application development experience required.
Has strong C++ skills, SQL server data based experience, windows systems experience, an understanding of TCP/IP socket communications and systems integration (MHE, ERP to WMS).
Employee is skilled in PC usage and associated software including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access and Powerpoint).
Solid testing skills are required
Preferred Education and Experience
Five plus years management experience.
Supply chain application experience is a plus.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Ability to solve complex problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists and interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Has the ability to learn graphic software to compliment the presentation of new designs.
Some night and weekend work may be required to complete certain duties.
The ability to read and interpret documents such as functional specifications, technical specifications, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee of this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Initech Global is a leader in the staffing industry, providing consulting, recruiting, and staffing solutions in the fields of information technology, engineering, and manufacturing. Since 2001, Initech Global has been helping companies around the world accomplish their most critical business objectives through our disciplined client service approach, and our unique talent management model. Both client and talent retention continue to surpass 90% since the company’s inception fifteen years ago, and we’ve been recognized by Inc. 5000 as one of the fastest-growing private companies in the US for the last two years. Our clients and employees are the key to our success, and people are at the heart of everything we do. We are Initech Global, and we are Powered By People.
Required Skills:C++, SQL server data, MHE, ERP, WMS, Project Management