• Under minimal supervision, working with and for the customers, responsible for the installation, replacement, repair and support of medical and non-medical health care-related equipment and their systems.
• Serves as a resource for technology projects and initiatives.
•Works as the primary point of contact for problem identification and the driver for issue resolution. Willing and able to begin troubleshooting any medical or nonmedical device, with the understanding that oversight by a vendor-trained colleague will usually be available, if needed. Develops the appropriate related documentation, and knows when an issue should be escalated for additional support.
• Participates in medical equipment training provided by vendors, and uses that knowledge to provide on-the-job training to other technicians, as well as to serve as the subject matter expert on that equipment.
• Tests and evaluates new medical or non-medical equipment, and works with others to implement prototypes.
•Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, monitoring, processing and documenting work orders; maintaining knowledge of anatomy and physiology, and medical device repair; and the administrative components of inventory management, including product ordering, shipping and receiving and inventory control.
Education and Experience:
- high school diploma or equivalent- required
• Associate’s Degree or equivalent-preferred
• 2 years’ experience- required
• CRT-Biomed Equip Technologist (CBET) – AAMI- preferred
Client requires all team members to receive the COVID-19 vaccinations subject to certain exclusions based on the team member’s job category. Client is committed to granting reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable laws.