We are looking for DevOps Engineer for our client in Grand Rapids, Michigan. This is a 6-month contract with the possibility of extension. ***REMOTE POSITION*** Seeking a DevOps Engineer with extensive Kubernetes and AWS Cloud Platform experience to provide technical support for the engineering team.
DevOps Engineer will work on multiple implementation projects, lead maintenance efforts, setup reliable monitoring, develop and implement disaster recovery plans, and continuously work on optimization of all Software Development and IT infrastructure.
Education and Experience:
- Experience utilizing automation and productivity tools to streamline and scale applications in various environments.
- Strong understanding of infrastructure components and how they are architected in AWS.
- Adhere to process and security standards when building application infrastructure in AWS with focus on IaC, SLAs, ATOs, and corporate Infosec guidelines/best practices.
- Strong understanding of container technologies such as Kubernetes
- Public cloud experience (AWS mandatory)
- Experience with AWS CDK
- Experience with below AWS Services like EKS, ECS, EC2, Lambda, Step Functions, AWS OpenSearch, AWS Elastic Cache ,IAM, Cognito, S3, Postgres, DynamoDB, AWS CLI, CloudWatch, CloudTrail, Codepipeline
- Experience with GitHub
- Experience with Jenkins, FluxCD, ArgoCD CI/CD methodologies & tools
- Knowledge in the instrumentation of APM and Infosec tools such as Dynatrace, Splunk, Grafana, Prometheus, Palo Alto Prisma Cloud, and SonarQube
- Understanding of application code and build scripts with the ability to dive deep into the software stack to troubleshoot as needed.
- Must be able to effectively troubleshoot AWS deployments and quickly identify and solution for any issues with the goal of minimal downtime for the users.
- Must have experience with Configuration Management and use within an AWS environment.
- Automation scripting experience with a few of the following: Bash, Shell, Python, TypeScript
- Experience in AWS storage encryption, data at rest, and data in transit
- Experience building and deploying micro-based applications in cloud with Continuous Integration & Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) tools and processes.
- Experience with config management tools such as Ansible/Terraform
- Experience with tools like Liquibase or Flyway
Initech Global is a leader in the staffing industry, providing consulting, recruiting, and staffing solutions in the field of information technology. Since 2001, Initech Global has been helping companies around the world accomplish their most critical business objectives through our disciplined client service approach, and our unique talent management model. Both client and talent retention continue to surpass 90% since the company’s inception fifteen years ago, and we’ve been recognized by Inc. 5000ä as one of the fastest-growing private companies in the US for the last two years. Our clients and employees are the key to our success, and people are at the heart of everything we do. We are Initech Global, and we are Powered By Peopleä.
DevOps Engineer, Kubernetes, AWS cloud platform, CI/CD, GitHub, Jenkins, FluXCD, ArgoCD, Configuration management, Automation Scripting, Ansible/Terraform, Liquibase or Flyway