We are looking for a Release Manager for our client in Grand Rapids, Michigan. This is a 6-month contract with the possibility of an extension. ***ON-SITE REQUIREMENT***
- Coordinate and manage the entire release process, from planning and scheduling to deployment and post-release support
• Work closely with development teams to integrate and streamline agile methodologies into the release management workflow.
• Track and report on progress of releases, identifying any potential issues and working proactively to resolve them.
• Work with platform engineering and other infrastructure and security teams to ensure that all cloud infrastructure changes are deployed seamlessly, minimizing downtime and ensuring optimal performance.
• Work with platform engineering team to manage and optimize Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) pipelines, ensuring automated, reliable, and swift transitions from code commit to production.
• Ensure consistency across various environments, from development to staging to production, safeguarding against integration issues.
• Collaborate with QA teams to manage and improve testing processes, ensuring that all releases are thoroughly tested and validated before deployment.
• Maintain a release repository and manage key information such as build and release procedures, dependencies, and notification lists
• Facilitate release readiness reviews, milestone reviews, and business go/no-go decisions.
• Communicate release details and schedules to the business as required, ensuring that all stakeholders are informed and prepared.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Information Technology, or related field with related training and or related work experience.
- Excellent Communication, presentation, documentation, and organizational skills
- Ability to multitask and must be able to work in fast paced environment with moderate supervision.
- Strong Customer orientation, ability to interact with personnel at all levels of the organization to obtain, analyze, and discuss business requirements and technical solutions.
Initech Global is a leader in the staffing industry, providing consulting, recruiting, and staffing solutions in the field of information technology. Since 2001, Initech Global has been helping companies around the world accomplish their most critical business objectives through our disciplined client service approach, and our unique talent management model. Both client and talent retention continue to surpass 90% since the company’s inception fifteen years ago, and we’ve been recognized by Inc. 5000 as one of the fastest-growing private companies in the US for the last two years. Our clients and employees are the key to our success, and people are at the heart of everything we do. We are Initech Global, and we are Powered By People.
Release Management, Agile Methodologies, Communcation Skills