- Demonstrates an understanding of business operations in one or more area and applies data engineering practices to anticipate and deliver information connected to those purposes.
- Provides support and recommendations to intermediary level engineers to enhance their technical skills.
- Performs rapid data profiling of internal and external data sources to determine quality and value to business questions.
- Counsels’ business analysts and data scientists on available data sources and potential biases within datasets.
- Participates in enterprise-wide agile ceremonies determining and recommending technical programming approaches and solutions to complex applications.
- Provides ad-hoc support for incidents related to data warehouses, datasets, and data pipelines.
- Provides operational support for systems and applications troubleshooting and maintenance support.
- Upgrades supported applications to current state versions in accordance with vendor specifications.
- Constantly evaluates internal departmental workflows and standard procedures to ensure efficiencies and requirements are being met.
- Designs and documents conceptual, logical, and physical data models (including entity relationship (ER) diagrams. Evaluates requests for systems development and enhancement.
- Understand and anticipate information needed by the business to build intelligent, supportable data pipelines.
- Develop, test, and deploy ELT / ETL processes across multiple sources, targets, and tools.
- Develop, test, and deploy self-service reporting assets to provide data exploration capabilities to end users.
- Collaborate across multiple teams to deliver timely and reliable information that enables users to uncover insight from information.
- Utilizes best practices and organizational standards around the Software Development Lifecycle to ensure the production of high quality, reliable data assets.
- Follow enterprise architectural standards and designs for building data models using a variety of sources and target systems.
- Captures, documents, and grooms features and stories for agile/scrum teams to maximize visibility and readiness for upcoming planning and execution.
- Anticipates and documents upcoming data needs of users through identification of commonly used data in source systems through metadata analysis.
- Communicates with data consumers with skill growth mindset to improve performance of processes connecting to data and shares best practices.
- Develops, monitors, and maintains processes to track overall health of platforms and systems and identifies opportunities to tune processes connecting to data.
- Develops and maintains Continuous Integration and Continuous Development (CI/CD) processes focused on acceleration of value delivery and minimization of manual touchpoints.
Performs data cleansing and profiling to ensure accuracy and quality of information. Provides on-call support for data platforms, reporting assets, and ETL processes.
Education and Experience:
- Must have 5+years Informatica and Oracle exp
- Required Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in computer science, application programming, software development, information systems, database administration, mathematics,
engineering, or other related field
- 5 years of relevant experience Required