Technical Leadership – May mentor a technical team and assist less experienced developers with technical deliverables.
- Solution Design –Translates business and technical requirements into solution designs that satisfy the business needs and comply with approved standards.
- Code Development – Develops and enhances application code. This includes unit testing to ensure all the functions are performing to specification.
- Testing – Leads validation efforts by performing and/or assisting others in validating that the solution performs as expected. This includes and is not limited to unit testing, system integration testing, performance testing, regression testing, user acceptance testing and defect remediation.
- Deployment and Transition Support – Successfully deploys the new or enhanced software.
- Ensures user acceptance is strong and functionality is suitable. Also responsible for a smooth transition of the product to the maintenance and enhancement team ensuring complete documentation and communication occurs at transition.
- Ensure compliance with applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Complete all required compliance training.
- Maintain knowledge of and adhere to the company’s internal compliance policies and procedures.
- Take responsibility to keep up to date with changing regulations and policies
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Business, Engineering, Math or other related field plus 4 years of Test-Driven Development experience preferred – OR – 6 years of comparable work experience
- 7 years of Java development experience (Finance/Lending industry experience a plus)
- 3 years of experience with various Software Development Life Cycle methods such as Agile, SCRUM, Waterfall, etc.
- 3 years of experience designing and building technical solutions using Java technologies such as, Spring/Spring boot, Hibernate, etc. and front-end technologies such as Angular/React.
- 3 years of using relational databases and writing basic queries (SQL and PL/SQL)
- Strong experience with DevOPs methodology, AWS environments and with Microservices architecture
- Experience with Mobile Responsive development
- Strong communicator – Ability to communicate verbally and in technical writing to all levels of the organization in a proactive, contextually appropriate manner
- Experience with Java-based enterprise application development is preferred
- Strong problem-solving skills and analytic skills with proven strength in applying root cause analysis
- Knowledge of containers, AWS, Kafka/Active MQ, CI / CD, DevOps
- Proven ability to design and build technical solutions using applicable technologies; ability to demonstrate strong coding skills
- Strong experience with web services, executing calls and interpreting responses (REST/SOAP)
- Strong experience with incident management leading both on and off hour ad hoc support teams.
- Strong experience in interpreting customer business needs and translating them into application and operational requirements.
React/Frontend UI Skillsets:
- redux saga
- type script
- material UI
- Rest API
- Experience in databases like PostgreSQL and Oracle.
- Experience working with AWS services such as Lambda, Fargate, S3, API Gateway, ECS, Elastic Cache, RDS/ Aurora and DynamoDB, SQS, Kinesis, SNS, Step Function etc.
- Experience in AWS Networking, AWS CDK and Python is a plus
- Experience with database modeling and developing against relational databases.
Tech Stack: Java/JEE, Oracle, Kafka, AWS, Spring Boot, Microservices, WebSphere, JUnit, PLSQL.