• Works independently with customers to analyze and compile business requirements for large and/or complex applications. Using a variety of software development toolkits, programming languages, testing/verification applications and other tools, researches, designs, codes or configures, tests, debugs, deploys, documents and maintains customer-focused programming solutions, while adhering to specific development best practices and quality standards, and aligning with the Information Services (IS) architectural design and customer’s business needs.
• Provides technical leadership and assumes accountability for successful development and implementation of complex technical cloud solutions.
• Develop customized solutions within the Salesforce platform to support critical business functions and meet project objectives, client requirements and company goals
• Manage daily support and maintenance of internal Salesforce instance, and conduct long-term improvement operations to ensure compatibility with evolving mission requirements
• Maintain a flexible and proactive work environment to facilitate a quick response to changing requirements and customer objectives, and innovate ways to meet mission goals successfully
• Interact directly with clients, managers and end users as necessary to analyze objectives and capability requirements, including specifications for user interfaces, customized applications and interactions with internal Salesforce instances
• Provide system administration support of internal and customer-facing Salesforce environment, especially related to customized applications, user permissions, security settings, custom objects and workflow
• Collaborate with various internal departments to ensure Salesforce environment supports internal needs relating to functionality and performance
• Able to effectively communicate with non-technical audience to understand business needs and explain complex systems and technical topics in clear and concise manner
• Utilize analysis and diagramming tools to represent business processes.
• Maximize the value from Salesforce and make decision on in-built vs custom build solutions.
• Continuously expand Salesforce knowledge and leverage new capabilities and features to meet business needs
• May also code, test and implement software enhancements and/or apply patches, as well as prepare the appropriate documentation to support a new system or to record modifications that have been made to existing application programs.
• Employs a deep technical expertise across multiple disciplines, and a broad understanding of the set of the applications for which the team is responsible, as well as the business processes supported by those applications to perform the following: drive risk assessment by developing, implementing and evaluating system design strategies, specifications and models; provide process leadership for work groups and lead in product/service delivery strategy and work plans; own the resolution for product, implementation and/or functionality issues, and provide deep troubleshooting support.
• Leads projects (or a phase of a project) to successful completion.
• Mentors less senior team members, and is accountable as a role model for customer service excellence and participate in code reviews to ensure development quality
• Provides forward-thinking technical leadership for application development, and utilizing an understanding of both the current and future states of the technology, is able define and articulate pros, cons and recommendations to senior leadership.
Education and Experience:
- Required Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
• Preferred Master’s Degree or equivalent
• 5 years of Salesforce application development, integration, customization, enhancement and support
• 7 years of relevant experience that includes developing and supporting applications Preferred
• Systems development lifecycle experience, including requirements, coding, testing and implementation Preferred
• In-depth understanding of the capabilities and constraints of the SFDC CRM application.
• Demonstrated experience working in medium to large scale Salesforce implementations (Service, Sales and Marketing)
• Web frameworks (jQuery, Bootstrap, and similar)
• Data management (SQL, XML, JSON, Hibernate)
• Web services (REST, SOAP),JUnit testing, SASS/LESS, GIT, Automation testing
• Continuous Integration and delivery (Atlassian – JIRA, Bamboo, Bitbucket)
• Salesforce Developer Certification (current)
• Experience with Salesforce Identity