• Works independently with customers to analyze and compile business requirements for large and/or complex applications. Using a variety of software development toolkits, programming languages, testing/verification applications and other tools, researches, designs, codes or configures, tests, debugs, deploys, documents and maintains customer-focused programming solutions, while adhering to specific development best practices and quality standards, and aligning with the Information Services (IS) architectural design and customer’s business needs.
• May also code, test and implement software enhancements and/or apply patches, as well as prepare the appropriate documentation to support a new system or to record modifications that have been made to existing application programs.
• Employs a deep technical expertise across multiple disciplines, and a broad understanding of the set of the applications for which the team is responsible, as well as the business processes supported by those applications to perform the following: drive risk assessment by developing, implementing and evaluating system design strategies, specifications and models; provide process leadership for work groups and lead in product/service delivery strategy and work plans; own the resolution for product, implementation and/or functionality issues, and provide deep troubleshooting support.
• Leads projects (or a phase of a project) to successful completion.
• Mentors less senior team members, and is accountable as a role model for customer service excellence.
• Provides forward-thinking technical leadership for application development, and utilizing an understanding of both the current and future states of the technology, is able define and articulate pros, cons and recommendations to senior leadership.
Education and Experience:
• Required Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
• Preferred Master’s Degree or equivalent
• 3-5 years of relevant experience related field Required
• Systems development lifecycle experience, including requirements, coding, testing and implementation Preferred
Additional Job Description:
Familiar with Workday’s cloud-based SaaS technology, preferably including:
• Custom Reports and Calculated Fields
• Integration technologies such as Enterprise Interface Builder (EIB), Core Connectors, Workday Studio, BIRT form layouts
Familiar with other integration technology and practices, preferably including:
• Oracle PL/SQL
• Microsoft SQL and/or Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
• ANSI X12 EDI formats
• XML and XSLT